Campus Clothing Privacy Notice
Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided or gathered by Campus Clothing is controlled by Campus Clothing.
Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experiences with us. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers; update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to improve our store, prevent or detect fraud and abuses of our website.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Campusclothing.co.uk. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. However, we will not be able to provide you with a personalised experience if we cannot recognise you, we want you to be aware that these tools are available
What about cookies
- Cookies are alpha-numeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide the necessary features that help us process your order.
Does Campus Clothing Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share information only as described below and with any subsidiaries of Campus Clothing. These control are subject to this Privacy notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Businesses we do not control: we do not share information with any business that is not under our direct control.
- Universities, Colleges and Event Organisers: information is not generally shared with these bodies but may be used to assist in ensuring that a name is correctly displayed on any personalised item ordered in conjunction with these.
- Agents: we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's data Protection Act.
- Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Campus Clothing, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Campus Clothing and others: we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of Campus Clothing, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, sharing or disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in a way that is contrary to the commitments made in this Privacy Notice.
- With your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have the opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
How secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. This encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming your order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to you password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of available features.
- If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please contact us.
- You can choose not to receive cookies on to your computer. Please see section above "What about cookies".
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit campusclothing.co.uk, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. If you have any concern about privacy at Campus Clothing, please send a thorough description to email@example.com and we shall try to effect resolution.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may email periodic reminders, unless you have instructed us not to do so, but you should check our website regularly to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about your account. We stand behind the promises we make and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.